Choosing a good digital camera is less easy than it sounds. Tiziano Ferro in the beautiful I will take a photo of you sings: “And in the anxiety that I am losing you I will take a photo of you […] And realizing that I have lost you I will take another photo of you”. In fact, we all know how satisfying it is to capture unrepeatable moments that can remain etched in the shot.
But to take the most memorable photographs, you need to be equipped with one of the best digital cameras on the market. Of course, it depends on the type of photo. You won’t need too sophisticated a camera to take family photos from time to time. But, in the case of an artistic context, you won’t be able to use any of them.
- Don’t invest your entire budget in one camera. Think accessories. When it comes to taking beautiful photographs, these are even more necessary than the device itself. The lens and sensor size are also important.
- Buying an SLR camera is only a good idea if you want to get serious about photography. If you are simply looking for a good product to take pictures of your travels, compact digital cameras are a better choice.
- Take into account its ergonomics, battery life and whether it allows you to record videos. If you are looking for something to capture yourself while playing sports or to take with you when doing extreme sports, you will need a specific digital camera designed for that purpose.
The best digital cameras on the market: our selection
It seems that digital cameras and compact cameras are not having their best time. Whose fault is it? Cell phones. Which, however, don’t get along very well with light. Although technology has improved a lot, a mobile phone fails to deliver the performance of a camera. But you have to know how to buy the right one. Here is a selection of the best digital cameras:
- Nikon Coolpix A10
- Canon SX620 HS PowerShot
- Sony DSC-HX350
- Nikon D5600
Nikon Coolpix A10
Nikon’s Coolpix A10 is a compact digital camera with 5x optical zoom, flash, 2.8 ”screen and is capable of capturing 16MP photos and videos with a maximum resolution of 1280 × 720. It is powered by two AA batteries that guarantee from 200 to 730 shots of autonomy. The software allows you to apply some effects to photos before or after taking them.
It is a camera with limited performance and basic functions, but at the same time simple to use and sold at a certainly advantageous price. Those who bought it are satisfied with the product, whose photos are generally good as long as they are in bright environments and not rely too much on the zoom. It is sold without microSD.
Canon SX620 HS PowerShot
The PowerShot SX620 HS is a high performance compact camera with a large 3 ”LCD screen and a 25mm wide angle lens with 20.1 MP resolution. It has 25x optical zoom and records movies in Full HD 1080p. It allows the transfer of photos and videos remotely via WiFi and NFC. It is available in three different colors.
The price seems a bit high for a compact, but for users it’s money well worth it: the quality of shots and movies is exceptional and the zoom retains good sharpness, while the battery life is remarkable. The software sector is a bit skimpy and the panoramic mode is missing, but it still has essential functions such as multiple and moving shots.
The DSC-HX350 is a Sony compact camera that actually has very little to envy to higher-end SLRs, thus falling within the bridge models. It features a 20.4MP Zeiss lens with 24mm wide angle and 50x optical zoom. It features an electronic viewfinder with 100% coverage, as well as a rotatable 3 ”screen for self-portraits.
Buyers like this camera a lot – it’s as convenient, affordable and versatile as a compact, though not small enough to be pocketable. The quality of the photos is considered normal, given the price range, while the excellent zoom capable of maintaining sharp images even with the maximum extension of the lens is amazing.
The Nikon D5600 is a digital SLR camera aimed at professionals, versatile and sold at an affordable price. The one in question is a kit comprising body and AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140 mm VR lens, with optical zoom x7.7 24 MP CMOS sensor. The camera is equipped with a large 3 ”touch LCD with variable angle.
A rechargeable battery, charger, rubber eyecup, short cap and shoulder strap are included. It also supports SnapBridge technology for connecting via Bluetooth low energy to other Smart devices.
Shopping Guide: Everything you should know about digital cameras
What is a digital camera and what is it for?
What types of digital cameras are there?
|EVIL vs. compact||In general, they are a better choice than compacts, thanks to their sensors, which are larger.||They are less manageable. Lenses can cost a lot.|
|DSLR vs. EVIL||The reflex or DSLR models have very long-lasting batteries. Great ignition speed. Inexpensive DSLR digital cameras are more affordable than their EVIL counterparts.||Usually, DSLRs have worse video modes. Quality EVIL digital cameras offer virtually the same features as DSLRs.|
What are lenses or lenses for a digital camera?
- Ultra wide angle (less than 18mm) . Great choice for capturing immense locations.
- Wide angle (between 18 and 30 mm) . Good for landscape photography and especially for taking street photography.
- Normal (between 30 and 70 mm) . Ideal when trying to take portraits.
- Telephoto lens (between 70 and 300mm) . Great choice for sporting event photography and portraits.
- Super telephoto (more than 300mm) . Sensational to capture the essence of sport or the details of nature.
As for the opening, this refers to the size of the opening that allows the passage of light. It is indicated with a number. The lower this number, the larger the opening. The larger ones allow access to more light, which results in greater control over depth of field. Depending on the aperture, there are two types of objectives:
- Wide aperture : fast lens.
- Narrow aperture : slow lens.