As you probably already know, the pot is an indispensable element in any kitchen. Thanks to the diversity of types that we find on the market, its uses can be almost infinite.
Mainly we can distinguish between traditional, pressure and multifunction electric cookware. All of these types have pros and cons, so it’s not always easy to know which one to choose. Don’t worry, in this guide we will help you make the best choice for your needs.
- Pans are an essential utensil in our kitchens. Fortunately, we find a great variety of different models.
- You need to know some important things about cookware, such as the material they are made of or whether they are suitable for the kitchen you use them on.
- The traditional pot will always remain present in our kitchens, but also the pressure products and the multifunction electric ones will remain with us! We will talk about all the benefits in the next paragraphs.
Below we show you a selection of cookware with different functions. We have chosen them for their mode of operation (traditional, pressure or electric), but above all for their value for money and the excellent reviews they have received. Take a look at this list and see if you find what is right for you!
Even if you have already decided to buy a pot, you may still have doubts about some things about it. This is why this section may be useful, where we will answer the most frequently asked questions about cookware.
On the market we will find a multitude of different cookware. Currently the most used in the kitchen are traditional pots, or pressure cookers. They are not the only two types of cookware, but we will talk about the electric ones later.
The materials of a pot vary both its price and its duration. Depending on your needs, you may prefer an expensive product that will last you longer, but you may also want an inexpensive pot to change it more often. Below we briefly describe the characteristics of the two types of pots.
|Translate them||By pressure|
|Production material||Aluminum. Stainless steel. Iron. Terracotta. Copper. Ceramic.||Stainless steel. Iron. Copper. Aluminum.|
|Type of cuisine||Gas. Electric. Glass ceramic. Induction.||Gas. Electric. Glass ceramic. Induction.|
|Cooking time||Normal / Slow.||Fast (half compared to a traditional pot)|
These are the pots that we have all known forever. They can be of different materials and capacities. They are characterized by having a lid and two handles on the sides to grab them. Always keep in mind that induction hobs require specific utensils.
They are not new, but it is increasingly common to find them in every home. In the past they were considered dangerous, but today there are models that can be used safely. The pressure cooker can also be made from different materials, but the most common is stainless steel. Always pay attention to compatibility with induction cookers.
- Stainless steel pot . It is the simplest to “season”. We just have to boil the water and then wash it with soap and water.
- Aluminum pot . Even this type doesn’t require too many steps. In this case it is not necessary to boil the water. You just have to wash the pot with warm soapy water, but making a lot of lather. Repeat the process until you notice that the surface has lost any oiliness.
- Cast iron pot . In this case the process can be more laborious. We need to preheat the oven and pre-wash the pot with soap and water. Then it should be coated with a layer of fat on the inside and then put in the oven for 1-3 hours at 150 ° C. Finally, the layer of grease must be removed with a cloth and another small protective layer applied again.
When it comes time to clean our pot, the process will be very simple. You just need to scrub with a sponge, warm soapy water. To prevent it from getting damaged, we recommend that you dry it very well with a cloth. To ensure that no marks remain, do not use abrasive sponges. In most cases you can also wash your pot in the dishwasher, but always check the manufacturer’s instructions (and never those in cast iron).
Pressure cookers are not an innovation of recent years. They have been in kitchens since the late 1920s. Nowadays they are increasingly used, although many people do not yet know all their advantages. In addition to being fast, they are also a healthy alternative to traditional cuisine.
The pressure cookers are designed to maintain a pressure higher than atmospheric pressure , which allows the boiling temperature of the water to be higher than 100ºC (reaching 110ºC or 120ºC depending on the model). Thanks to this, the food that is cooked in it will require a much shorter cooking time.
Pressure cookers are also used for healthier cooking . When food is cooked, it loses some of its nutrients and properties. The longer cooking takes, the more nutrients the food loses. The pressure cooker, cooking in less time, prevents you from losing a large amount of nutrients.
Are the pressure cooker and the electric cooker the same thing?
|Multifunctional electric pot||Pressure cooker|
|Type of cuisine||It needs an electrical outlet||Any type of cuisine (if compatible)|
|Time Cooking||According to the chosen program||Rapid|
|Ease of use||It is not necessary to keep an eye on it, programs turn off the machine once finished and keep the food warm||Requires extinguishing the fire and opening the cap|
t is difficult to do without the electric pot once you have learned how to use it. The pressure cooker is also useful, but why not choose a product that also performs its functions? If you can afford it, you won’t regret buying it!
Type of pot
Yes, this is the first criterion you need to think about. Although you may have entered this article with the idea of buying a traditional pot, perhaps you are now more undecided, as you have seen the advantages of the other two types. Below we summarize the three types of cookware to choose from. It’s up to you to decide according to your preferences!
- Traditional pot. You can use it with all types of cooking, although you have to make sure that it also applies to induction. There are different formats, the price is affordable or, if they have a high price, they last a lifetime. The materials you can choose from are varied, but the most practical is probably stainless steel.
- Pressure cooker. Its main advantages are the cooking speed of some foods and the maintenance of nutrients greater than traditional cooking. You can also use it as a regular pot if you don’t close the lid. You can find it in different capacities, but not as many as traditional pots.
- Multifunctional electric pot. Whoever owns it knows that its main advantage is its versatility. It is in fact a product with which you can prepare an infinite number of dishes, and some models also act as a pressure cooker. The main drawback is the price, which is always quite high. You can find the multifunction electric pot with different capacities, but even in this case they are not as many as for the traditional pot.