Screwdrivers are essential tools in any toolbox. It doesn’t matter if you are a professional or a beginner, they are present in every home in the world. They are designed to cope with assembly, repair, assembly and all types of precision work.
There is currently a large offer of screwdrivers: from battery electric models to other models of all types and all materials. The ideal for you would be to look for a product made with quality materials and that is suitable for the job you want to do and, moreover, that is comfortable. Below you will find a list of the best screwdrivers on the market.
- Screwdrivers are very important tools. They are essential in any toolbox, no matter if you are a pro or a beginner. With them you can do DIY, electrical and plumbing work. They are also used to assemble furniture and for all kinds of home and mechanical repairs.
- Some of the most important factors when choosing a screwdriver are the materials it is made of and its design. Choose screwdrivers made of durable, high-quality and ergonomic materials.
- The handle, even if it doesn’t seem like it, is a fundamental part. If you need to carry out electrical work or repairs on electronic items, choose models with insulated handles. If you don’t, you could get shocked or injured.
The best screwdrivers on the market: our selection
Below, we will present you a list with the best screwdrivers on the market. Each of them has particular characteristics, so be careful not to make mistakes when buying. We hope that among these products you can find the most suitable tool for your needs, without exceeding your budget.
- VEECEE – precision screwdriver set
- Neilsen CT3794 – Insulated screwdriver set
- Silverline 546524
- USAG 322 SH10 U03220255 – Phillips and slotted screwdriver set
VEECEE – precision screwdriver set
If you are looking for a precision screwdriver kit, this chrome vanadium steel is sure to suit you. It is ideal for electronic devices, such as computers and cell phones, but also for eyewear and jewelry. The kit includes a container of 24 interchangeable magnetic bits (including torx, slotted, cross, etc …) and the screwdriver handle.
The manufacturer offers a money-back guarantee. The reviews speak very well of this kit which has a very affordable price and is still of quality. Small and convenient to carry, it is considered a useful purchase and recommended for anyone looking for precision screwdrivers.
Neilsen CT3794 – Insulated screwdriver set
If you are looking for insulated screwdrivers, this is one of the best sets available. The supplied case is made of sturdy metal and contains 13 VDE certified 1000 V insulated cross and slotted screwdrivers with magnetic tips.
Reviews believe these screwdrivers are perfect for professional use, especially for electricians, given the VDE certification. But they are also used for DIY without problems. The handle is large, so not suitable for everyone. The value for money is excellent.
Silverline Tools presents this 6-piece screwdriver set. The shafts of these screwdrivers are chrome-vanadium and the tips are magnetized to facilitate screwing work. The handle is ergonomic and non-slip and the hardened tips make them useful tools for various uses.
According to reviews it is an ideal screwdriver set for DIY lovers, they are not recommended for professional use. Good grip, excellent sturdiness and particularly appreciated for their value for money.
USAG 322 SH10 U03220255 – Phillips and slotted screwdriver set
Usag is one of the most used brands in the professional field and if you are looking for sturdy screwdrivers this kit could be for you. The set includes 10 screwdrivers with chrome vanadium steel body and blasted star and slotted tips. The handle is bi-material and is ergonomic. The kit is also available in 5 and 7 pieces.
Reviews consider these screwdrivers to be great for the price they are sold at. They are robust and can be used for various jobs even if some do not consider them the top of the range. The tips are not magnetic and this is a defect that some do not appreciate.
Shopping Guide: Everything you should know about screwdrivers
There are several different types of screwdrivers, so you need to know all their features before buying one. It is important that you understand how these tools work and what they are before making your choice. Below is a list of frequently asked questions from users to help you make the best purchase decision.
What is a screwdriver exactly?
There are many types of screwdrivers and they differ in their bits. Each model is designed to work on one type of vine. In fact, it is not possible to use any screwdriver on any screw, since doing so could damage the impression of the screw. This would render the screw unusable and prevent its use in future works.
What are the main uses of a screwdriver?
How many types of screwdrivers are there?
There are many types of screwdrivers which differ according to their tip. Each of these tips is suitable for a specific screw type. Do not use a screwdriver that is not made for that type of screw as it could break it and render it unusable. Below we present a table:
|Type of screwdriver||Use||Problems|
|Punta Piana||Automotive sector, carpentry and furniture assembly||Screws don’t always fasten well|
|Phillips or A Stella||Industrial production, mainly used in electric screwdrivers||The imprint of the screw can be damaged more easily|
|Pozidriv||Especially used in Europe, for furniture assembly and electrical work||The imprint of the screw is deformed if it is not coated|
|Torx||Electronics, information technology and automotive sector||Only for screws with shallow recesses|
|Hexagonal or Allen||Furniture assembly||The imprint is easily damaged|
Why is it advisable to buy a screwdriver?
How much does a screwdriver cost?
If you are looking for an inexpensive screwdriver, make sure it is from a well-known brand. If you want a tool that lasts over time, you have to choose a reliable brand. The materials it is made of affect the life of the tool, a cheap screwdriver can last less time. It is advisable to choose a reliable and durable tool, it is worth spending a little more money.
How does a screwdriver work?
Is a manual or electric screwdriver better?
Electric screwdrivers are designed for more professional uses. They have greater strength and are able to do the same job in less time. They are usually used in workshops and carpentry. They are more expensive, especially if you choose a battery-powered model. You have to buy the tips and leave them connected to an electrical source.
|Manual screwdrivers||Electric screwdrivers|
|Price||Low price||Average price|
|Efficiency||Easy to use, manual work tires||The work is much faster and easier|
|Transport||Lightweight, you can take them with you everywhere||If they have the wire, you have to plug them in and you have to buy the various tips|
What safety precautions must be taken to avoid accidents when using a screwdriver?
- Always keep these utensils clean.
- Do not let dust and grease accumulate on the screwdriver tips.
- Do not use a screwdriver if the tip is damaged. If while you are screwing you notice that the tip moves, stop using this tool.
- Protect your eyes and hands with goggles and gloves while working with screwdrivers.
- Make sure the tip and screw fit together well.
- Do not force the screwdriver. If the tip slips it may sink to the surface you are working on.
- Do not use the screwdriver for leverage.
- Screw in firm turns with your wrist.
- Grab the screwdriver with your entire palm. If the tool feels uncomfortable, you will need to replace it to avoid injury or wrist pain.
- Use screwdrivers with insulated rubber handles, especially if you’re an electrician.